06 June 2014

Mooring Woes

When I put in the mooring ball back in early May, I noticed another mooring just east of mine seemed to be a little too close for comfort.  I mentioned it to a couple of people, but was reassured that it was no problem: boats will swing in the same direction at the same time.

But one day while working on the boat I watched as the stern swung around right over that other mooring, the barnacle-encrusted winter stick rubbing against the outboard propellor, the rudder, and the inflatable dinghy.  Something is not right with this picture:


I have noticed already that, on a windy day when an incoming tide is running against the river current, boats do not necessary swing synchronically around their moorings.

Judging from the amount of marine growth on the other winter stick and pickup buoy, this other mooring seems to have been sitting there unused for years.  Nevertheless, things just do not seem right.  I must speak with the Harbormaster.  Everyone seems to live in fear of him....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and suggestions....